Meta-Culture needs energetic and passionate people who can help support our activities. If you are willing to commit between 5-20 hours a week we would like to hear from you.
As a Meta-Culture Intern, your responsibilities will include providing content and administrative support to the director. As part of this you will do research, help manage operations, do outreach, organize events and communicate with our members and partner organizations. This can be a Full OR Part-time, voluntary position based in Washington D.C. (20 hours/week). Ideally, candidates will be able to commit 4-6 months to this position.
- Create content for and assist with social media account management
- Assist with managing correspondence and the initiative’s calendar
- Craft monthly updates and provide editorial support as needed
- Provide support in the planning and execution of events
- Research, build, and maintain partnerships
- Research content for our education projects
- Other duties as required
- Highly organized with coordination and management experience
- Exceptional editing as well as oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adjust priorities, and meet deadlines
- Interested in current affairs and the state of global democracy
- Familiar with social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), Microsoft Office, and cloud-based platforms (Google Drive)
Please submit a cover letter and resume with subject line: “ATTN: Meta-Culture Internship” to the director at firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates who can volunteer a minimum of 20 hours/week and commit to a minimum of 4 months are preferred. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
What Previous Interns Said:
“Working at Meta-Culture gave me the opportunity to be actively involved with the initiative’s development as well as working on interesting topics that I was passionate about.” – William, Summer Intern 2018
“My time with Meta-Culture has made me realize the importance of preserving democracy and why we must fight to maintain it. Unlike other internships, I was not considered only an intern but rather an integral part of the Meta-Culture team. I believe I gained valuable and transferable skills as well as a new appreciation for democracy.” – Brooke, Summer Intern 2018
“I have gained a newfound respect for the hard work that goes into creating a democratic culture and developing an initiative. Meta-Culture has given me an opportunity to be very involved and gain a better understanding for initiative development.” – Cleo, 2018 Summer Intern
To learn more about Meta-Culture and its activities, please contact email@example.com or leave us a message and we will be in touch shortly.